The Child Care Kit has been updated in line with the changes to the National Quality Framework that came into effect on 1 October 2017.
The Child Care Kit:
- Provides all child care services with clear evidence-based information to support a consistent and national approach to create a safe sleeping environment for all infants
- Assists services to evaluate their current practice through self-assessment
- Provides guidance for child care providers to ensure policy and practice are in alignment with key quality areas, standards and elements embedded within the National Quality Standard and links to related sections of the National Law and Regulations.
Resources in the kit include:
- Self-assessment and reflective tools to measure baseline knowledge and to assist educators and the service to ensure best practice standards are employed
- Guidance on developing a safe sleeping policy, including a sample policy and a supporting checklist and guidelines for Education and Care Services
- Further information and resources for educators including background information, brochures, information sheets, an FAQ, and DVD
- A safe sleeping checklist to be used during enrolment and orientation of families
- Information for families including posters for display and ongoing education
- Emergency response and bereavement support
Each kit includes a Safe Sleeping DVD.
Purchasers of the Child Care Kit will receive occasional email newsletters from Red Nose.
How to Order
The Child Care Kit is $275 including GST.
Alternatively, email email@example.com to place your order or request an invoice.
For child care centres that are required to raise a purchase order, Red Nose’s ABN is 81 462 345 159.