The new Child Care Kit will:
- Provide all child care services with clear evidence-based information to support a consistent and national approach to create a safe sleeping environment for all infants
- Assist services to evaluate their current practice through self-assessment
- Provide guidance for child care providers to ensure policy and practice are in alignment with key quality areas, standards and elements embedded within the National Quality Standard and link to related sections of the National Law and Regulations.
Resources in the kit include:
- Self-assessment and reflective tools to measure baseline knowledge and to assist educators and the service to ensure best practice standards are employed
- Guidance on developing a safe sleeping policy, including a sample policy and a supporting checklist and guidelines for Education and Care Services
- Further information and resources for educators including background information, brochures, information sheets, an FAQ, and DVDs
- A safe sleeping checklist to be used during enrolment and orientation of families
- Information for families including posters for display and ongoing education
- Emergency response and bereavement support
Each kit includes a new Safe Sleeping DVD.
Purchasers of the Child Care Kit will also receive occasional email newsletters including news relating to the contents of the Child Care Kit as well as safety news relevant to Education and Care Services.
How to Order
The Child Care Kit is $190 including GST and Postage and Handling.
Alternatively, call 03 9034 1260 or email email@example.com to place your order or request an invoice.
For child care centres who are required to raise a purchase order, Red Nose’s ABN is 81 462 345 159.