Canberra’s annual Christmas lights fundraising event lit up at its new location, Glebe Park, with an official opening last Friday night.
Red Nose is the charity partner for Christmas in Glebe Park, which will see the park come alive with light displays, activations, activities and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy.
Families can bring along a picnic rug and enjoy the atmosphere of roving carollers and entertainment, wander the light installations and live Christmas tree forest, enjoy the food and drink available in the park, have a photo taken with Santa, enter the draw to win one of seven gingerbread cubbies, place a candle in memory of a loved one, or watch a Christmas movie.
The lights will be switched on every evening until 23 December 2017, with full activation of the park from Thursdays to Sundays.
Entry is free, with all donations going to Red Nose.
For more information visit the official Facebook page.
Red Nose thanks the valued partners who have helped bring Christmas to Glebe Park:
- realestate.com.au for bringing Santa to the Park
- Guardian Early Learning Group the Christmas Tree Forest Partner
- Luton Properties for their Gingerbread Cubby Competition
- White Lady Funerals for the Garden of Light Activation
- The Canberra Centre
- ActewAGL - the Official Energy Partner
- AdPrint Digital